Thursday 9 December 2010

Sea Glass

Davina had a day off today, so we went to Loe Beach near Feock:



It is a beautiful and quiet place.
We saw, an Egret:


A Heron:
It's in there somewhere

A Cormorant, a couple of Robins, some buoys, but no people.

We took some lunch with us, and enjoyed eating it while we looked at the view:

I took the opportunity to search for Sea Glass for the Mess-makers Mum:

Sea glass is glass found on beaches along oceans, bays, rivers or large lakes that has been tumbled and smoothed by the waves, water and sand, creating smooth, frosted shards of glass.
Combing shorelines for sea glass is a hobby for many beach-goers either simply to collect, or to craft into jewelry or other decorative pieces. (Wikipedia)

This is what I found:
I don't know if it is any good but I'm sure she'll let me know.

We had a really lovely and peaceful time, it reminded, again, why we love to live here.