Wednesday 11 August 2010

Bus Journey

I used my Cornish bus pass for the first time today. I decided to go to St Austell. So I walked all the way to the bus station (2 Minutes), and queued up with all the other old people. Who from my point of view all looked much older than me. I was disappointed though, when the bus driver failed to check my age.



The Bus was 13 minutes late. The return bus was 12 minutes late so I suppose they are consistent. Everything down here seems to be done at a much slower pace. The bus drivers are friendly and spend time chatting to their passengers. Which can be a bit frustrating if you are used to London buses. Where the bus driver and other passengers growl at you if you hesitate when getting your ticket.

It was a good leisurely journey, front seat upstairs, comfortable seat. I took a book to read on the 40 minute journey, but didn't need it. The rolling Cornish fields and hills are a delight.

Had a good time in St Austell (Charity shops). Had a Bacon and Brie Sandwich.

The only frustration was that I couldn't find a loo, you know what us old people are like, when we gotta go, we gotta go. But no luck I had to sit cross legged all the way back to Truro, and rushed to the loo as soon as I could get down the bus stairs with my legs crossed.

All in all a good day.

No comments: