Sunday 15 August 2010

To the Dump

To the dump, to the dump, to the dump, dump, dump (sung to the tune of the William Tell Overture).


I have lost count of how many times I have been to the local dump over the last seven or eight weeks. It must be at least ten times. Before we left Feltham we had a load of rubbish to get rid of. Now we are down here we have a load of packing stuff and garden rubbish to get rid of. I went yesterday and today. 


This is a picture of the local refuse site down here in Cornwall:
I bet you find that interesting!!!


The thing is there is always something satisfying about taking things to the dump, as you drive away you can forget all the stuff you just got rid of. Its as though you have unburdened yourself (there's a sermon in there somewhere, I preached it once).


I have kept a symbol of my recent past job which I promised myself I would throw in the sea when I got here. So that I could forget the bad things that happened.


So I'm going to do that in the next day or two.


I'll let you know when it is done.

No comments: