Tuesday 31 August 2010

Penryn Fair

I love Penryn. 36 years ago I spent the winter living and working there. Some of my best friends still live there and have made us welcome in their home, whenever we choose to visit.


This is probably one of my favourite places to be:
It's the view from Penryn Quay.


Last Saturday Penryn held its annual Fair, it was the first time we have had the opportunity to go along, we had an enjoyable afternoon wandering around al the stalls etc.
The Seven Stars used to be my favourite pub, but there were two occasions back in the 70's when I got very drunk in there and made a fool of myself, I haven't been in there since. Maybe I'll try it again soon.




This lad was trying to juggle, as you can see from his face it was a struggle to juggle. There were too many people around and I think he was afraid of hitting someone if he dropped one of his clubs. He did drop a club. I saw him, a bit later, on his way home, he looked quite dejected. Keep practicing Mr.


This man, on the other hand, has more of a success story. He and his wife have started a travelling hot-dog stand and a jacket potato kiosk:
They have done very well this year so far, and the future is looking bright for their fledgling business. I have to say the hot-dogs were the best we've had. So, if you see this stall at a local event, give it a try.


Now one of the problems of not working, at the moment, is trying to fill my time. Davina thinks this would be a good option:



I'm not so sure, I don't think I have the rhythm to cope. On the other hand I might be tall enough to do this:
Although I might have trouble getting those little rubber shoes on. Do you think Crocs do a size 12 version?


These are a few of our pictures from Penryn Fair. I have put the others on my Facebook Page.

1 comment: