Sunday 29 August 2010

Cornwall Pride 2010

Yesterday was the day of the third annual Cornwall Pride Parade it took place here in Truro, so as I only live about two minutes from where the parade started I thought I would go along and take some pictures.


The theme of this years event was 'Circus', but I am not sure everyone was aware of that:




The parade was started by Steve Gilbert (MP for St Austell & Newquay) in his M&S Shirt:


I know it's an M&S shirt because I've got one the same. I bought it in the sale last week. To prove it here's a picture of me in mine:


Anyway back to the parade. There were quite lot of people of all ages, background, shapes, and sizes taking part:


Here's a couple of pictures of the floats:


There was also an enormous Rainbow flag:


There were a lot of people lining the the streets, Everybody seemed very happy. As I was standing taking pictures at the beginning of the parade I was standing next to an elderly lady with a wheeled zimmer frame, she seemed to be enjoying herself. She was then joined by another lady who looked at the people taking part and said: 'I don't know dear, it wasn't like this in our day, now they teach their children everything, I don't think it's right do you?' The lady with the zimmer frame didn't reply she just kept looking on and smiling. Good on her.


Anyway, it was a fabulous day, which most people seemed to enjoy. Here's a couple of more pictures:


I've put the rest of my pictures on my Facebook page if you want to see them.

No comments: